• Print Collaboration with Bert Green and Aardvark Letterpress - I will be working with Bert Green Fine Art (Chicago, IL) and master printer Cary Ocon of Aardvark Letterpress (Los Angeles, CA) to publish a special limited edition letterpress print, with target release date in early fall. Over the next couple of months I will be developing and refining ink drawings for conversion into print. (I will be posting process shots on my Instagram account (sandra_yagi@instagram). Bert Green has produced high quality prints with well known artists, such as Ed Ruscha, Laurie Lipton, Gronk, and Jeff Gillette. Aardvark Letterpress is featured in this film on vimeo.
Encyclopedia of Fernal Affairs
• The Encyclopedia of Fernal Affairs documents a magical land called the Garden of Fernal Delights. The Garden is a sublime place where all the delights of the natural world from the sexual to the surreal, the visionary to the instinctive, are celebrated as fundamental joys of being alive. The Garden has no violence, no notion of original sin, no hierarchy. Rather it is a place of magic, of play and playfulness. It resides in the Garden of the heart and has no limit to its creativity. The Encyclopedia of Fernal Affairs is written by Gromyko Semper, Liba W S, and Bruce Rimell, designed by Liba W Stambollion, and is illustrated by 105 of the world’s most talented artists. Four of my works are in the book.This remarkable edition was published and is now available. Click on this link to order.
Press, Blogs and Publications
• Hi-Fructose: Sandra Yagi’s Strange Creatures, Skeletons Explore Our Nature by Andy Smith, Hi-Fructose
- Bicycle Review #32, by the Pedestrian Press - a journal of art and literature.
- The Octopus Game, Nicky Beer, published by Carnegie Mellon. Cover Art
- The Encyclopaediaof Fernal Affairs, Designed and Produced by Liba Waring Stambollion, Published by Dreams &Devinities
- Taringa: http://www.taringa.net/posts/arte/18584749/Sandra-Yagi-arte-curioso-y-macabro.html
• Dark Corner Books - “Sandra Yagi’s Beautiful and Macabre Illustrations”
• SciArt in America blog: “Beauty in the Macabre: Science and Art in the works of Sandra Yagi”
• Medinart website: Sandra Yagi
• Interview by Eclectix on-line art journal/gallery - Sandra Yagi, Eclectix Interview 36
• 20 Minutos.es, “Pinturas sobre los peligros de la modificación genética” by Helena Celdran
• The Mafu Cage, June 9, 2011
• San Francisco Art Enthusiast, Interview with “Spectacular Beasts Artist "
• ArtScene, “Clive Barker and Sandra Yagi,” by Ray Zone, Jan. 2011
• Mental Shoes, Issue 018, “Sandra Yagi: Paintings,” Editor: D.H. Dowling, Jan. 1, 2011
• San Francisco Art News, “Curiosity Dissected the Cat - Sandra Yagi,” by Michael Yochum, Oct. 14, 2010
• Democracy in China – Limited artists’ edition – Guns N’ Roses (pending release)
• Paul Rushca’s Full Moon, the Collection of Paul Ruscha, by Paul Ruscha, Publisher: Steidl (November 21, 2008)